< Back to titles
> Cover Page, Authors, Institutions
> View additional images/videos
Contact the presenter at: firstname.lastname@example.org
About the Presenter:
Dott. Alessandro Franchini was born in Florence on 15th May 1955.He gradueted in Medicine and Surgery at the University of Florence in July 1981 . He specialized in Ophthalmology on 1985 at the University of Florence.
In 1990 he became Medical Director in Optic Phisiological Department at the Eye Institute of the same University.
Dott Franchini is currently Professor at the School of Ophthalmological Specialization at the University of Florence and he held the following courses:
„h 1986-89 ¡§Hygene and ocular Microbiology¡¨
„h 1989-91 ¡§Ocular Anatomy¡¨
„h 1991-92 ¡§Surgery of the ocular adnexa and the Orbit¡¨
„h 1992 to data ¡§Anterior chamber surgery : Phacoemulsification and implantology¡¨
From 1991 to data he is Professor at the School of Ophthalmological Assistent of the University of Florence where he holds the course ¡§Semeiotic and electrophisiological techniques : angiography and ecography¡¨
He is member of the following Societies :
- American Academy of Ophthalmology (AAO)
- American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery (ASCRS)
- European Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery (ESCRS)
- Australian Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery (AUSCRS)
- Hellenic Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery (HSCRS)
- Italian Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery (AICCER)
- International Society of Refractive Surgery (ISRS)
- Italian Society of Opthalmology (SOI)
Dott. Franchini has published 352 articles on national and international journals on all ophthalmological topics particularly regarding the anteriore chamber surgery.
Dott.Franchini has taken part as speaker in 282 International Congress.
In the last 10 years he has particularly focused on the development of new technologies for cataract surgery (laser,cold ultrasounds etc.).
Alessandro Franchini, MD
Barbara Zamma Gallarati, Eleonora Vaccari
Click on images to enlarge (a new pop-up window will open)